Luxuries by Lisa is delighted to provide Swedish Massage Therapy, Swedish Back Massage and Indian Head Head Massage. See below for information on each treatment and exactly what the benefits of massage are.
SWEDISH FULL BODY MASSAGE THERAPY
Swedish Massage Therapy (Full Body Massage) is a treatment that’s been around for many centuries. It involves warming the area you are massaging before moving on to techniques such as deeper massage to the body’s many muscle groups. After which, percussive movements can be used for a stimulating effect.
During the treatment the massage can be adapted to concentrate on any problem areas. Generally, a Swedish Massage includes massage to the arms, legs, feet and back.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY TO YOUR HEALTH AND WELLBEING
- The easing of aches and pains to problem areas such as pain relief in the lower back region.
- Swedish Massage Therapy can encourage a better quality of sleep, which can improve concentration and attention spans.
- The efficiency of the body’s detoxification process is improved as toxins are encouraged to move through the lymphatic system more effectively.
- Massage is very therapeutic, as touch can have a calming effect on the recipient and may improve psycological wellness and provide stress relief.
- Massage is said to stimulate the nervous system, producing endorphins which reduce pain and improve mood.
- Massage can help to lower blood pressure, such as when stress is the cause, by helping the person relax.
For most of us putting ourselves first on occasion reinforces our self esteem, by saying we do deserve some looking after. Then hopefully the day to day tasks after a break will seem less overwhelming.
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
Indian Head Massage (IHM) is a versatile treatment that can be completed over clothing without the need for massage oils (should you choose this option). Indian Head Massage concentrates on the upper back, shoulder area, the neck, the face and the scalp using varying techniques such as kneading to the shoulders and accupressure points on the facial area.
BENEFITS OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE TO YOUR HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Increases mobility.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Eases tension in the neck, shoulders and upper back. Indian Head Massage is a great treatment, especially if you are bending over alot, as these particular areas mentioned can be affected.
- Provides relief from sinusitis, earache and tinnitus.
- Many of Luxuries by Lisa’s customers have reported waking up with lots of energy after a great night’s sleep.
Please see our customer reviews for more detail.