Hello People. Thank you for taking the time to read my latest blog. I know I probably do tend to go on about how hard it is running a massage business in every other sentence that I write, but it truly is. This is why I have come up with my eight commandments that each and every person who crosses my door, will receive when they come for a massage at Luxuries by Lisa.
The Eight Commandments of this Massage Therapist.
- Thou shall never use baby oil on my clients, unless they request it. It has a very poor glide and needs to be constantly reapplied throughout the massage, therefor interrupting the therapy itself. the oils I use are a hundred percent pure and do not contain chemicals that cannot be pronounced. If you can’t say it, do not use it.
- The holy grail for a brilliant massage is a warm room. A warm room equals warm people, which then equals people who will not involuntarily tense their muscles and therefore spoil the treatment. As an added bonus I always keep my electric blanket on underneath my table. It makes me smile when people wonder why my massage table feels so warm.
- Thou Shall make sure that every person doesn’t have their treatment cut short. You book an hour and you will get an hour. You book 90 minutes and I will make sure you get 90 minutes. You get the picture??
- Come to Luxuries by Lisa and I will treat you like a convenience from the moment you cross the threshold.Please know that I am grateful that you have chosen my massage service and want to spend your hard earned pennies chilling out in my domain.
- It goes without saying, Clean Laundry. Need i say anymore then that?
- To fuss the living daylights out of you. If you seem a bit snuffly, I will be asking you if you need a tissue. If I see goose pimples on your skin, I will be asking if your warm enough. If your stomach rumbles I have been known to see if you want to nibble on a biscuit. If the fussing gets to much, simply tell me to be quiet, or I will fuss and fuss and fuss over you.
- Ask about any aches and pains that are giving you grief. I will do my utmost to help relieve any niggles in your back, legs or shoulders etc. I have nearly four years experience in this field and have a good idea on doing remedial work. In fact, I know it sounds cheesy, but I do love doing remedial massages and getting results. If you do a job, you might as well, do it well.
- Sometimes when people come for a massage therapy, they don’t just come for the massage, but for some therapy. The world we live in, is a hell of a stressful world and life can be tough, but any problems you tell me, will stay in the room, and everything will be kept confidential. Sometimes a problem shared is a problem halved.